SQL Database Administrator
Second Street has an immediate opportunity for a SQL Database Administrator. This is a fantastic position for a candidate with experience in SQL Server who desires to grow their career and knowledge.
We are an audience engagement software platform that is used by over 3,000 media companies and marketers. Some of our leading-edge products include online contests, ballots, polls, quizzes, sweepstakes, email, audience insights, and more. We are seeking tech-savvy professionals who are passionate about our industry, learn quickly, and are motivated to succeed.
The SQL DBA will be responsible for configuring and maintaining performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of Second Street’s dynamic engagement platform. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills. If you are seeking an opportunity to build a career in a high-tech organization with an outgoing team that enjoys what they do—this is your opportunity.
- Manage SQL Server databases from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Maintain Backups and perform Recovery including restoring data from backups
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server.
- Familiarity with High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
- Experience Monitoring and Troubleshooting issues with IO, Memory, and CPU pressure.
- Database upgrades in stand-alone, Clustered, and Always-On Availability Group environments
- Ability to read, write, and tune T-SQL including stored procedures and functions.
- Modern databases including NoSQL, In-memory, Columnstore, Time Series
- Cloud Experience (Amazon, Microsoft, Google)
- Linux skills
- Networking skills
- Knowledge/experience of advanced storage architectures
- Familiar with SSIS
- Experience with DevOps, GitHub
- Programming Knowledge especially Visual Studio
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible PTO
- 401(k) plan with company contribution
- Computer of your choice
- Free parking or a Metro pass, your choice
- Private gym in the basement of our historic building
- Our focus on employee happiness leads to fun surprises like renting out movie theaters
- Twice-annual week full of fun, food, and games known as Company Week
- Our incredible medical, dental, and vision benefits are 100% covered for you, and 50% for your family
- We work in a fun office environment with a shuffleboard table, Nintendo Switch, Peloton Bike, and full kitchen including a perpetually stocked kegerator
HOW TO APPLY:Please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Second Street Media, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.