Front-End Software Engineer
We are an audience engagement software platform that is used by over 3,000 media companies and marketers. Some of our leading-edge products include online contests, ballots, polls, quizzes, sweepstakes, email, audience insights, and more. We are seeking tech-savvy professionals who are passionate about our industry, learn quickly, and are motivated to succeed.
Are you looking to join a fast-paced team and help bring it to success? Are you a well-rounded team player with front-end development experience that can work with the team to find a great solution, write the logic to make it work, and then make it beautiful with CSS? Do you want the ability to impact meaningful change and develop a community where you work? Second Street could be exactly what you've been looking for!
You will be a member of our cross-functional product development team which is made up of designers, testers, and software engineers. You'll enjoy a high level of autonomy while also working very collaboratively in-person and remotely using Slack, Trello, and GitHub. We work together to ship code every day and are constantly looking for ways to improve. We are responsible for a suite of long-lived products that receive constant innovation, feedback, iteration, maintenance, and new feature development.
Software engineers at Second Street are fully involved in every part of the process, from planning, to developing, to testing, to launch. We care deeply and we do things right: version control, automated testing, code reviews, and occasional pair programming. We also focus on work-life balance, including a flexible schedule and work-from-home opportunities, so you won’t be burning the midnight oil here. As a front-end software engineer you'll create features, fix bugs, and iterate on our existing software, all while keeping an eye toward usability and user experience thanks to your front-end experience.
- Technical Skills
- Comfortable with CSS including flexbox, grid, and transitions
- Experience with version control systems such as git
- Comfortable with debugging and problem-solving
- A knack for writing testable, maintainable code – and then testing it
- Interpersonal Skills
- Thrives collaborating in a team environment with a diverse range of people
- Passionate about delivering an amazing customer experience
- Writes clearly and concisely
- Growth Skills
- Possesses a good work ethic; a self-starter with a desire to grow
- Always looking for better ways to get the job done
- Deep understanding of web standards
- Experience with Sass, Node.js, TypeScript, and ES2018
- Experience with CSS animations
- Experience with SVG and/or D3.js
- Experience with functional programming
- Experience with agile methodologies, especially kanban
- Have contributed code, answers, and/or blog posts to the development community
- Have read Reinventing Organizations, Work Rules, and/or The Lean Mindset
- Competitive Salary
- Unlimited Vacation / PTO
- 401(k) plan with company contribution
- Our incredible medical, dental, and vision benefits are 100% covered for you, and 50% for your family
- Relocation reimbursement
- Off-site development retreats
- Computer of your choice
- Free parking or a Metro pass, your choice
- Private gym in the basement of our historic building
- Annual conference and professional development budget
- Our focus on employee happiness leads to fun surprises like renting out movie theaters
- Twice-annual week full of fun, food, and games known as “Company Week”
- We work in a fun office environment with a shuffleboard table, Nintendo Switch, Peloton Bike, and full kitchen including company-provided snacks and drinks
HOW TO APPLY:Please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value transparency, so we’ve written about our process, step-by-step, on our engineering blog. We’ll be sure to let you know along each step of the way how things are going, and whether you’ve made it to the next step.
Second Street Media, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.