Designers at Second Street envision, create, and tell the story of our platform through an iterative process of empathy, feedback, and prototyping.
WHAT'S SECOND STREET ALL ABOUT?
Second Street helps media and marketing teams grow and understand their audience with our easy-to-use promotions (like sweepstakes, quizzes, and photo contests), messaging, and data analysis web platform. CBS, Entercom, ESPN, The Washington Post, Sports Illustrated, and over 3,000 others rely on Second Street to create meaningful interactions with their consumers.
We’re a close-knit, vibrant organization located in downtown St. Louis -- close to Wash Ave, the Metro lines, and the Arch. Second Streeters have a passion for software and the success of our customers. More than anything, we value and trust each other. We set our own goals and and give everyone the opportunity to offer feedback on major projects. We keep it casual and work together to get things done.
AS A DESIGNER YOU WILL...
- Empathize with and interview our partners to: identify problems, form conceptual solutions, and prioritize features.
- Create beautiful, usable, and delightful experiences through: sketching, illustrating, and creating interactive mockups.
- Work alongside the developers and qa team to: plan, test, and complete features (all the while working out those little design details with a positive and happy give-and-take dynamic)
- Work alongside the marketing and sales teams to tell the story of our platform and company by: creating presentations, demoing our software, and making illustrations, logos, website pages, graphics, images and all sorts of other fun design thingys.
- Iterate on all of your designs by: formally presenting them for feedback to the entire company as well as informally through impromptu one-on-one discussions
- Push your design skills to new limits through a variety of diverse projects that make you learn how different perspectives affect the story of your design
- Have fun! (It’s the only way to create successful designs.)
AS AN APPLICANT YOU HAVE...
- A background in design (this could be in any school or field).
- Experience with UX Design.
- An active desire to seek out, gather, and respond to feedback (and then make changes based on that feedback, knowing that design only gets better through collaboration).
- Confidence in yourself and an excitement for working with others.
- An understanding of human-centered design and design thinking pedagogies.
- Proficient experience with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop and a desire to learn a new wireframing and interaction design tool (don’t worry it’s easy if you know Adobe).
- And most importantly, a love for problem solving and making useful and beautiful designs for others.
BONUS POINTS (!!) IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH...
- UX and Interface Design (you’ll be doing a lot of this).
- Motion graphics and animation (we would love to add some spice to our stuff).
- Product management (sometimes these guys like to take vacations).
- HTML and CSS (our developers will love you for this).
- A/B and usability testing (we know we could improve in this area).
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS LIKE?
They’re awesome. We’ve got:
- Competitive Salary
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k with company contribution
- Development retreats every year
- Computer of your choice
- Relocation reimbursement
- Free parking or a Metro pass, your choice
- Private gym in the basement of our historic building
- Professional development courses and conference opportunities
- Our focus on employee happiness leads to fun surprises like office scooters, renting out movie theaters, and a semi-annual week full of fun, food, and games known as Company Week
- Our incredible medical, dental, and vision benefits are 100% covered for you, and 50% for your family
- We work in a fun office environment with a shuffleboard table, Wii, gym, and full kitchen including a perpetually stocked kegerator
HOW DO I APPLY?
Please email a resume and your portfolio (either a link or pdf) to email@example.com.
1017 Olive Street
St. Louis, MO 63101
Second Street Media, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.