Second Street is looking for a great storyteller to help our team and our customers tell their success stories and deliver best practices through articles, case studies, ebooks, and more.
We are an audience engagement software platform that is used by over 3,000 media companies and marketers. Some of our leading-edge products include online contests, ballots, polls, quizzes, sweepstakes, email, audience insights, and more. We are seeking tech-savvy professionals who are passionate about our industry, learn quickly, and are motivated to succeed.
Second Street has a robust content operation with more stories to tell for our marketing, sales, and success teams. We’re looking for a great storyteller to help our team and our customers tell their success stories and deliver best practices through articles, case studies, ebooks, and more. We’re looking for someone with outstanding linguistic and grammar skills, impeccable attention to detail, and an eye for design and layout.
- Write compelling, engaging content including articles, case studies, and ebooks
- Tell Second Street’s story through presentation and webinar slide decks, handouts, flyers, ebooks, and infographics
- Collaborate, interview, and learn from Second Street employees, clients, and industry experts to craft well-written and engaging stories
- Assist in producing a variety of content and collateral for the Second Street Summit – our annual partner conference in St. Louis each June
- Create content from many different authors while all maintaining the style and voice of our Second Street brand
- Edit communication materials across departments to match the style and voice of our Second Street brand
- Update and repurpose existing content to extend its life across multiple mediums and in varying formats
- Track and monitor the success of content initiatives and provide reports to analyze, evaluate, and improve our content efforts
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong ability to create, develop, and manage content
- Works well with team members to create stellar content
- Experience in the media industry is a plus
- Experience working with Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- Experience working with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Advanced proficiency working with Wordpress
- Ability to manage several projects at once in a sophisticated and timely manner
- Must be confident, friendly, motivated, organized, possess a strong work ethic and be a self-starter, with the ability to work independently
- Four-year degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field preferred
- Experience with Hubspot, SalesForce, or other customer management software tools
- Experience with Google Analytics or other web analytics software
- Experience creating content for and/or managing a company social media page
- Experience with video editing
- Experience with blog writing or editing
- Experience as a journalist, reporter, or similar role a plus
- Have read Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content by Ann Handley
- Have read They Ask You Answer by Marcus Sheridan
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible PTO
- 401(k) plan with company contribution
- Computer of your choice
- Free parking or a Metro pass, your choice
- Private gym in the basement of our historic building
- Our focus on employee happiness leads to fun surprises like renting out movie theaters
- Twice-annual week full of fun, food, and games known as Company Week
- Our incredible medical, dental, and vision benefits are 100% covered for you, and 50% for your family
- We work in a fun office environment with a shuffleboard table, Nintendo Switch, Peloton Bike, and full kitchen including a perpetually stocked kegerator
HOW TO APPLY:Please email a resume to email@example.com.
Second Street Media, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.