Director of Marketing
Second Street builds software that helps media companies and marketers create promotions and interactive content (like sweepstakes, quizzes, trivia, surveys, Instagram contests, and more) to build their audience, increase revenue, and learn more about their customers. CBS, Entercom, ESPN, GateHouse Media, McClatchy Company, and over 3,000 others rely on Second Street to engage and connect with their audiences.
We’re a close-knit, vibrant organization located in downtown St. Louis. Second Streeters have a passion for software and the success of our customers. We pride ourselves on our Midwestern values; we keep it casual and work together to get things done.
We are looking for a Director of Marketing to work in our St. Louis office to oversee marketing and communications, content and inbound marketing, and manage a team of skilled marketers. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, strategic leadership, project management skills, and the ability to work with leadership in developing new revenue streams to drive growth. This position will report directly to our President & Co-Founder and oversee the marketing team.
Inbound Marketing: We’re longtime, committed users of marketing automation.
- Work closely with sales and success to create and execute innovative strategies to generate new leads, create efficiencies for upselling customers, and engage current customers
- Develop, implement, and deliver marketing metrics which track current performance and impact future planning and actions
- Experience creating and optimizing email marketing is critical
- Spearhead the efforts to break into new target markets through a variety of initiatives
- Knowledge and experience with HubSpot is preferred
Content Marketing: Our entire organization is committed to the power of content marketing and educating current customers and prospects through useful, thoughtful, and helpful articles, playbooks, videos, webinars, and more published on the Second Street Lab.
- Create and lead a content marketing strategy that is aligned with sales, success, and product strategy and initiatives
- Work directly with writers and designers, as well as subject matter experts who are creating content to provide direction and feedback
- The marketing team has a leading role in the annual Second Street Summit. The Director will help lead the implementation of the Summit, including promotion of the event, logistical details, and more
- Maintain and align our marketing strategy with company goals and initiatives
- Manage all communication and roll out strategy for product releases and updates, content releases, and more
- Understand our brand identity and voice and apply to all initiatives and projects
- Work closely with internal and outside resources to create messaging and design for corporate assets, including secondstreet.com, sales materials, public relations, and conference presentations
- Hire, train, and manage marketing associates and develop their professional growth
- Work with other department heads and strategy team to determine priorities on a long term basis
- Ensure marketing team has the tools and resources they need to complete projects in a timely fashion
- Create and manage Marketing, Sales, and Success budget
- Must be friendly, motivated, organized, possess a strong work ethic and be a self-starter, with the ability to work independently
- Strong cross-team communication skills and experience
- Must be data-driven and analytical
- Must be an expert in email marketing and optimization
- Experience with media contacts and PR is a plus
- Understands all digital marketing initiatives: SEO, email, PPC, social advertising, etc.
- Advanced proficiency with HubSpot & SalesForce is preferred.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- 5-8 years in digital marketing, with experience managing a team.
- Experience working with the media industry may be a plus.
- Experience with event management may be a plus.
- Visual Design experience may be a plus.
- Experience working with Google Apps, WordPress, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Word, Excel is a plus.
- Ability to oversee several projects at once in a sophisticated and timely manner.
- Passionate about the marketing, promotions, data, email marketing and audience management.
- Four-year degree preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:Please email a cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com. (No phone calls please.)
1017 Olive Street
St. Louis, MO 63101
Second Street Media, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.